Bursaries and Scholarships
You can apply for a school bursary if your daughter is joining Year 7 or Year 12.
We believe that our quality education should be accessible to bright, talented girls from all backgrounds, whatever their financial circumstance. Although we can’t fund everyone, we try to support those who’d benefit most.
If you’re interested in a place for your daughter, but your family is not in a position to cover the full fees, you may be eligible for a bursary through the Girls’ Day School Trust Bursary Scheme.
As a charity, the GDST aims to be an access enabler: seeking out the brightest, most deserving girls for bursaries so that the largest possible number of talented girls can benefit from an excellent GDST education. In particular, we aim as far as we can to focus our support on girls for whom the chance of a GDST education would be a transformative, life-changing prospect. You can read our booklet here:
Scholarships are our way of recognising and rewarding incredibly talented girls across many areas of the school, who we believe will go far in life. It’s possible to have a scholarship supplemented by a bursary.
Senior School Entrance Scholarships
- Available to girls joining Year 7 from other schools. These awards recognise outstanding academic ability and potential as measured by individual performances in our Year 7 entrance examination and assessment process.
- A further scholarship is reserved for girls joining Year 7 from our Junior School, when the Year 6 SATs results are taken into consideration.
Performing Arts Scholarship
- Introduced in 2017 to mark the opening of our new Performing Arts Centre, this award is available to girls joining Year 7. Auditions, which take place in November, test ability in singing, drama, and movement/dance. Candidates are expected to be ‘all round’ performers.
- In recognition of the effort and commitment which has so successfully raised the profile of music at NGHS, and resulted in such an array of talent, a Keystage 3 music scholarship will be introduced from September 2019. The award, which offers free music tuition in school for three years, is reserved for girls joining Year 7 from our own Junior School.
- A small number of Senior School music scholarships are available each year to all girls in Year 10 and above.
Sixth Form Scholarships
- Available to girls joining Year 12. The online cognitive abilities test, which takes place in January, examines verbal, non-verbal, quantitative and spatial skills.
Unless otherwise stated, awards are to the value of 5% – 10% of the fees and are retained throughout a girl’s time at the school.
Please get in touch with Sue or Katie for further information – email@example.com or 0115 935 4444