The largest cohort of A Level girls in the past three years at Nottingham Girls’ High School received their exam results today, and the school is celebrating another year of incredible success, our best in five years.
With 100% pass rate, 25% of grades at A* and 55% at A* to A, we are delighted that our vision of equipping girls for extraordinary futures has once again proved successful.
It’s not just the phenomenal results that are impressive, it’s the diverse range of futures that lie ahead for the girls based on their successes including Law, Music, Physics and Chemical Engineering at a wide range of Higher Education establishments; an amazing 7% of girls will go to Oxford or Cambridge.
Championing the issue of promoting careers in STEM subjects in which women are still underrepresented, we are especially thrilled that our all-girl environment in which girls learn without limits or stereotypes, has nurtured great talent in this area:
- 43 girls will be going on to study Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
- 25 A* grades have been achieved in Science subjects
- 62% of grades in Mathematics are at A* to A
- 80% of grades in Further Mathematics are at A* to A and 100% at A* to B
- 15% of girls will go on to study Medicine or Dentistry
Huge success in STEM subjects is just part of the story. NGHS is also enjoying 100% of grades at A* to B in Art, Drama, English Literature, French and German. A truly diverse range of subjects reflecting the success of the tailored Sixth Form curriculum which allows the girls to play to their strengths.
Taking pride in ALL of our girls as we always do, we are celebrating our progressive and dynamic environment allowing them their individuality and confidence to be themselves, making them truly wonderful, successful and happy. Just a few examples of some of the achievements being celebrated today include:
- Anna Shaw, Emily Slade, Georgia Stuart and Tanisha Rajah who achieved 4 A* grades
- Ananyaa Jain, Charlotte Staniforth, Hollie Glover, Leila Sanghera, Miriam Ali, Nikhita Srinivasan and Shaarika Munshi who achieved 3 A*grades
- Oxbridge places for Anna Shaw, Ananyaa Jain, Emily Slade, Leila Sanghera, Olivia Sandhu and Tess Mitchell-Thomas
Sharing in the celebrations and success, our Head, Julie Keller, expresses her delight at achieving the best set of results in five years.
“I feel honoured to celebrate such an extraordinary set of results with these inspiring young women today. Ever since I became Head, three years ago, I’ve been passionate about equipping girls for exciting futures by giving them the academic excellence they need to go out and make a difference in the world. Armed with results such as these, and the confidence and skills that are developed in the unique environment of NGHS, I know that these young women have incredible futures ahead of them. I’m proud to say that these results prove that there are no limits to what NGHS girls can and will achieve. There is certainly no shortage of women in STEM here, and no lack of inspiring female leaders to change the world for the better. What an exciting place the future is going to be!”