2019 has been an amazing year for our Tots Have Fun programme!
We’ve been delighted to welcome many 2 to 3-year-old visitors and their families to NGHS over the year and have had a huge amount of fun.
Tots Have Fun is a programme of free-of-charge activities for girls aged 2 – 3 years old, led by expert teachers and based in the wonderful learning environment of Nottingham Girls’ High School.
Enjoying our wonderful facilities and taking part in specialised sessions, the little ones have experienced many adventures. Our girls from Years 4 to 9 girls have been wonderful role models to them too, helping the Tots to grow in confidence and enjoy their activities every week.
Here are some highlights from some of our favourite events of 2019.
- Climbing on the climbing wall – what an amazing way for the Tots to build their confidence and agility!
- A magical story time in the Library with our very own children’s author and illustrator Mr Brown and some friendly pets – both real and stuffed! A relaxing and cosy session designed to ignite the children’s imagination and love of books.
- The Summer Sports Day on the playing field which ended with a lovely teddy bear’s picnic to celebrate the Tots’ achievements.
- A lively Music session with Mrs Bailey that included Morris dancing and Maypole dancing.
- and our Junior School Music Ambassadors, who made such lovely friends with the little ones.
- And our most recent session, the exciting Christmas QR code treasure hunt which ended the year with some festive sparkle.
Each week we’ve been thrilled to see our young friends grow in confidence. Each activity has been fun and exciting, with just the right level of challenge to take them out of their comfort zones while also ensuring they feel safe and happy. They have achieved things they didn’t expect to, made friends and learnt a lot.
We’ve received some lovely feedback from our Tots families. It means so much to us to hear how we’re supporting the local community and inspiring young people to learn.
As a stay at home mum to toddler twins I’m always on the hunt for new activities, and these sessions tick every box; a small amount of structure to help a little one learn to follow instructions and time limits, a clean and safe environment with a superb range of toys and props, well thought through activities that aren’t just about play but help to teach simple things too, exposure to the school environment with older children on hand to support and most of all that our girls are excited to attend! – Ellen
The children’s natural creativity and imagination is encouraged and the wide range of resources available aid this greatly. One of the nicest aspects of Tots was how some of the older students NGHS students joined in to support the youngsters. It was lovely to see how much my twins enjoyed being with their peers – Kate
We have some new Tots sessions coming up in the Spring Term. We’re adding “code” and “perform” to our programme, so it’s going to be a lot of! Take a look at our Spring 2020 dates and book your place her. We would be delighted to welcome you.
If your daughter is over the age of three, and you’d like to find out more about the exciting learning environment of NGHS, read about the new NGHS Nursery for girls aged three to four or arrange a visit to join us for a person tour.